Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Swine Flu

About a week after we got back to Brazil, I got hit so hard with a flu bug that it had me unable to lift my head for about an hour. I was fine after that as long as I was sitting or lying down. That evening, just as I was feeling better, Andy started to run a fever. The next day he was very sick with body aches and an upset stomach. Then Jonah caught it. Jonah started to feel better about the time Ben started running a fever.

We took Andy to the doctor today because he has run a steady fever of about 102ยบ for over three days. After evaluating Andy and asking us some questions, the doctor sent us to the hospital to test for swine flu. He said it was standard procedure for anyone with Andy's symptoms who had travelled to the United States within the past week or two.

After leaving the hospital, we are officially under house quarantine for at least the next seven days. Ben will be seen by the doctor tomorrow and we may have more news after that.

For now, we ask you to pray for Andy because he is in quite a bit of pain and has trouble getting any sleep. Ben is doing a little better but is also having trouble sleeping and has a constant fever that Tylenol and ibuprofen don't control.

I will keep you posted on any new developments.

1 comment:

  1. We are praying: Lord, place your healing hands upon Andy and the rest of the Jewell family. Keep them and protect them for harm and illness. I pray this in the powerful name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

    ReplyDelete