Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Few Photos of Our New Church

Here are a few photos of our new church.  This is the women's class:
The men's class:
Here are some of the kids playing after their class:
And this is during the service:
Class starts at 5:00pm on Sunday evening and the service is 6:00 - 7:30pm.

We went to a plant nursery today and I chatted with one of the guys that works there.  I asked him the names of several plants and when I didn't understand one, I asked him to spell it.  He said the letters in English so I asked him if he spoke English.  He said he is learning and would like to know it better.  I told him that we just moved here to work with a church that teaches English.  LST (Let's Start Talking) is very active here.  When I told him the classes are free, he looked perplexed and asked why.  I shot straight with him and explained that we think it's very important for a person to have a relationship with God.  I told him we know that people want to learn English so we teach the Bible in English, hoping they will become more interested in the Bible than the language.  Ironically, he asked me what the catch was.

We invited him to the church and to the language classes and we invite you to pray for him.  His name is Paulo.   

No comments:

Post a Comment